TRAINING OF TRAINERS WORKSHOP
The 28-35 hour Project CRISS Training of Trainers workshop (maximum of twelve participants; some hours may be online) is a requirement in the process of becoming a certified CRISS trainer. In this workshop, a CRISS Master Trainer facilitates activities, including a deep analysis of CRISS workshop content and training processes, an exploration of the CRISS Frameworks for Teaching and Learning, tips and tricks for presenting and sustaining a CRISS initiative in schools, and a review of the requirements for trainer certification and renewal.
The CRISS Training of Trainers workshop requires participants prepare materials, present training elements, and debrief the process and content of each presentation. Trainer candidates can expect an intense experience, demanding active participation. This workshop is a significant step in the certification process, but there are further requirements for certification†.
Prerequisites for Attendance
- Candidates for trainer certification must attend a face-to-face Introduction to Project CRISS workshops with the latest edition of the training and manual (2012). Note: We highly recommend trainer candidates attend TWO (2) or more Introduction to Project CRISS workshops.
- Candidates must implement the CRISS Frameworks for Teaching and Learning with students (and staff, where appropriate) prior to the Training of Trainers to build familiarity, authenticity, adapt CRISS strategies to specific learning contexts, and collect student work and reflection samples.
- Candidates should be comfortable presenting to and working with educators of students in grades K-16, from any content discipline.
- Candidates may be classroom teachers, instructional coaches, administrators, or other education specialists with teacher certification and classroom teaching experience.
- Candidates should have a basic understanding of instructional best practices and current learning research.
- Candidates must be available for the ENTIRE Training of Trainers workshop and should make arrangements accordingly.
- Candidates should commit to completing the training process by leading a workshop within 18 months of the Training of Trainers and submitting self-reflections and a student lesson within 24 months. The full list of certification requirements can be found here .
Contact the Project CRISS National Office if you have questions.
Scheduling a Project CRISS Training of Trainers Workshop
Schools and districts are welcome to schedule a workshop for their own staff (provided each candidate meets the prerequisites). Due to the interactive nature of the workshop, attendance is limited to 6-12 participants per Master Trainer. Interested parties are encouraged to check the events calendar for Training of Trainer workshops with spaces available. Project CRISS also offers regional trainings with a per person registration fee; if a school or district has fewer than the required minimum attendees or a limited budget, hosting a regional training is an option. Contact the CRISS National Office.
Expenses for Training of Trainer workshops contracted through Project CRISS include Trainer Honorarium (daily rate varies by trainer); trainer travel expenses; CRISS Trainer Materials ; office supplies (paper, highlighters, post-it notes, chart paper, etc.); and any substitute or stipends, travel, and food/snacks provided. CRISS National Office staff will create a quote when provided with training dates and location. For planning purposes, estimate $1500 per person.
Regional Project CRISS Training of Trainer workshops carry a per person registration fee (currently $1,500) which incorporates the trainer and materials expenses noted above. Regional workshops require a registration deadline and minimum enrollment, and dates and location will impact costs. Hosting districts receive discounted seats when specific enrollment numbers are met. Contact CRISS for more information.
To schedule or ask specific questions, please call the CRISS National Office at 406.758.6440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
†See certification requirements here .